Monday, October 8, 2012

Hymn #2... The Spirit of God

The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!
...
We'll sing and we'll shout with the armies of heaven,
Hosana, hosana to God and the Lamb!
Let glory to them in the highest be given,
Henceforth and forever, Amen and amen!

     This song - it just has a certain spirit to it (haha) that gives me the chills. 
     I will sing and I will shout for the restored Gospel, for my beliefs, and for my loved ones. I love this line...
How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion
Shall lie down together without any ire.
    
     I can't wait for that blessed day - and some say that it isn't far away. I hope to at least be alive when it happens, when Christ will come again. It will truly be a joyous day, for everyone (except maybe the wicked...) 
      Like this hymn? Try singing it to the tune of tomorrow's "Now Let Us Rejoice" (hymn #3) - it's really fun and pretty. Yeah, you might have to flip back and forth, but it's a great way to intermingle the hymns.
      Here's the link ... Hymn #2 in LDS Hymnbook... enjoy! There are many great arrangements of this beautiful hymn on YouTube. I love this one ... Mormon Tabernacle Choir, The Spirit of God ... and I love the soloists!
      Will you, as William W. Phelps said, shout for Zion, for God and the Lamb?
      Does the Spirit of God burn in your heart? It does in mine!

1 comment: